ExportWest Virginia's export figures consistently outpace the U.S. export growth rate. The first three quarters of 2010, WV exports reached $4.7 billion.
While West Virginia energy exports include coal, the state's top exports also include manufactured products such as chemicals and polymers, machinery and components for medical, automotive and aerospace applications.
Firms looking to expand their horizons into the global market can get assistance from the West Virginia Development Office (WVDO) Export Promotion Program. In cooperation with the U.S. Commercial Service and the West Virginia Export Council, West Virginia's export promotion program provides the following services:
- Free consultation to determine a company's export readiness
- Free assistance in identifying foreign markets for an exporter's product or service
- Inexpensive trade missions to dynamic markets
- Subsidized costs for exhibiting in international trade shows
- Logistics support for companies participating in international trade shows and trade missions
To help your company begin thinking about what it takes to export successfully please visit the following link for an assessment tool: www.export.gov/begin/assessment.asp.
For more information on services to help your business join the wide world of international trade, visit www.export.gov or contact:
Manager, International Trade
West Virginia Development Office
1900 Kanawha Blvd. East, Charleston, WV 25305-0311
304-957-2042 (tel), 304-558-1957 (fax), 304-881-2190 (mobile)