About the PCDA
PCDA has been Proudly Serving Putnam County Since 1961
Putnam County West Virginia is a remarkable economic success story. The County has experienced a nearly 8% population increase over the last decade. This impressive achievement ranks it one of the fastest growing counties in the state. In Putnam County, there is an excellent mix of manufacturing, service, and retail establishments, providing stability to the area's economy.
Established in 1961 by the Putnam County Commission, The Putnam County Development Authority, Inc. is a non-profit organization (quasi-public). The actions of the Authority are guided by a 21-member board of directors appointed by the County Commission. We do our best to understand the strengths and weaknesses as well as the comparative advantages of the local economy and provide a comprehensive approach to economic development through increasing job creation, job retention, tax base and opportunities to enhance the overall quality of life for Putnam County residents.
Our goal is to give businesses a convenient, one-stop resource for information. To accomplish this goal, we work very closely with the West Virginia Development Office, the Putnam County Commission, and many other regional and state organizations. With an abundance of information and knowledge, the Authority leads development in Putnam County.
All assistance is confidential and provided free of charge. Assistance for prospective and existing businesses includes:
For site selection professionals:
- Location and site selection data
- Regulatory and permitting coordination
- Financial assistance, including coordination of direct loan programs, indirect loan, industrial revenue bonds, venture capital and tax credits
- Utilizing workforce recruiting and training assistance programs
- Understanding and applying for available incentive programs
- Referral and coordination with governmental entities, utilities and service providers in tax, audit, accounting, law, technology, construction, engineering and other professions as required
- We are here to help make your transitions easier, and have the knowledge and connections to assist and inform you.
PCDA serves as a facilitator, working one-on-one with new and established businesses to assist them with the progress of their goals. We build relationships, create networks, plan, and design and implement long term economic development strategies. We also act as a liaison between public and private sectors and are the connector to resources to meet the needs of business. Our goal is to help businesses thrive.
- PCDA will assist you with completion of RFI in a timely and accurate manner
- One point of contact for all utility and infrastructure questions
- Source for local expertise about the region
- We have the experience and skills to be your best point of local contact when exploring the region for your clients.
- Will support your project to completion
Board/Committee Application >
- Stephen Andes
- David Bagnall
- Wayne Bennett
- Scott Edwards
- Ron Foster
- Johnny Harris
- Al Howard
- Phillip Hudnall
- Glenn Jeffries
- Keith McClanahan
- Joe McDonie
- Jack McLane
- Alan Noffsinger
- Bonnie Prisk
- Courtlandt Smith
- Ronald C. Stone
- Doug Tate